Thursday, January 30, 2014

The good, the bad, and the ugly review....


I think John Irving said it best...
"I have pretty thick skin, and I think if you're going
to be in this business, if you're going to be an actor
or a writer, you better have thick skin."
Even after all these years of being a published author, the sting of a bad review is just as painful as the first time. There can be loads of words of praise and five star ratings, and all it takes is one hurtful review, and I question my ability as a writer. 
Thank God for those who do love my work and aren't afraid to say so. Thank you to all who take the time to leave a great review, or even a not so great review with valuable insight. I applaud you all!
So, how does one get out of a funk like this? Well, they create a poster like the one above and go back to that special file of notes sent by loving fans. You have no idea how much it means to get a message in my inbox or email... even a retweet lol It is you who keeps me putting pen to paper, and writing something to the very best of my ability in hopes it will touch your heart in some way. 
No I'm not whining lol okay maybe just a little bit... I'm lifting myself up and sharpening my pencil. 
Thank you, Dear Readers. You mean the world to me!

2 comments:

Betty Dravis said...

After reading this, Adelle, how could I NOT leave a comment? I love your books because they are so real and have done a lot for the people (men and women) who love to ride motorcycles. I don't ride, but have family members and friends who love "the feel of the wind on their faces" and say that the road is the only place they feel free.

Keep writing, hon, and forget those who don't enjoy your words. We can't please everyone.

Best and big hugs - Betty Dravis

Adelle Laudan said...

Thanks Betty! You always say the perfect thing to make me smile. :)