Thursday, August 29, 2013

Shameless Self-Promotion



SHOUTING OUT!
Shameless Self-Promoting
of my last three releases!

She Rides...
    Mystified...
         Scent of a Killer! 





1- I created the covers for She Rides & Mystified

2- All 3 books are now available in Print & Ebook
        Scent of a Killer ... Mystified ... She Rides

3- The cover for Scent of a Killer was done by
Covers by StruZa.It took 2nd place on
Fine Art America! 

BLURBS

4-Scent of a Killer (Serial Killer- graphic content)
   Not even being locked up in an insane asylum is going to stand in the way of Danny aka The Florist exacting his revenge. Detective Becca Talbot is at the top of his list, but he can’t resist the temptation to mess with her mind first.
Becca doesn't know how much more she can take of Danny’s sinister acts. It seems they are one step behind every move he makes. How can they turn the tables and catch him in his own tangled web? More importantly, can they do it before anyone else falls prey to his demented mind?

5-She Rides (Adult Read)
Missy heads out on her vintage motorcycle for what proves to be a ride of a lifetime. Every new road brings with it new friends, new experiences and even a sexy romp with a tattoo artist. It's summers' end when Missy rides into the small town of Waverly for Bike Week, and  sets sight on the most beautiful man she's ever seen on two wheels. Tommy marks the beginning of many hot, steamy nights. Is he Missy's, 'happy ever after', or is there a twist around the next bend in the road, nobody saw coming?

6-Mystified (Adult Read)
Tokoda's rock 'n roll lifestyle comes to an abrupt halt when he is called back home. He climbs on his Harley and heads back to Spirit Island where Native American legends are known to come to life. Nara is intent on preserving her Ojibwa heritage, and couldn't be happier about her former crush coming back to the Island, and is even happier when the sexy musician finds his way into her bed. The rekindled lovers are thrown back in time, but in opposite directions. Tokoda and Nara must overcome the barbaric Sioux tribe to find one another and look for a way to return to their own time.

Top Reader Reviews

7-She Rides Anna S
One of the best books I've read in quite some time, captivating from the first chapter, Adelle displays a unique gift of capturing and keeping your attention right up to the last page. From tears to laughter and back again it kept me enthralled every page as I envisioned the life of Missy and her trials and triumphs as if I were right by her side. I wouldn't be surprised to see "She Rides" made into a movie soon. A must read in my opinion!

8-Mystified Leslie-Ann
This book is a Love story experienced by 2 lovers that went through the unexpected.
No matter what they were dealt, no matter where they ended up, no matter how hard things were... They found each other, just like True Love always does.

9-Scent of a Killer Bobbie
Adelle went to the top with "Scent of a Killer". fantastic read. Everyone who liked Killer Scents should read this.i'm looking forward to the next book Adelle

Excerpts

10-Mystified - Searching for the perfect tree to build a canoe from...

Chief stopped and relit his stubborn bowl of tobacco. Enape came back to join them.

 “Let’s get moving. I can smell a birch just up a little further.”

 The chief and Tokoda exchanged a look of amusement and joined the anxious canoe maker. True to his word, as they crested the hill, a group of birch trees stood majestically as if awaiting their arrival.

 Tokoda frowned and breathed in through his nose. "How is a birch tree supposed to smell?"

 Enape chuckled and urged him forward. “Like a canoe, of course.”


11-She Rides - It is Bike Week in Waverly and Missy befriends a couple, Stretch and Mouse.
“Missy, hurry.”
 Missy heard Mouse calling out to her, but couldn’t see over the wall of leather-clad giants surrounding her.
 What the hell do I do now? 
No amount of pleading, pushing, or attempting to squeeze between them helped. 
Am I f***ing invisible, or what? 
“Do you need a lift, pretty lady?” 
The iron grip of claustrophobia fled on a wave of relief upon seeing Stretch standing behind her. “Boy, I’m sure glad to see you.” 
Stretch squatted and signaled with his thumb toward his back. “Hop on.” 
“Are you sure?” Missy looked in all directions for any sign of Mouse. “I don’t want to cause any problems.” 
“You either hop on and I get you out of here, or I can start tossing bodies out of your way.” 
Missy laughed, more from nerves than anything. “Okay, okay.” 
Awkwardly, she hiked her legs over his shoulders and held on for dear life as he straightened to his full height. It was kind of cool having a view of the crowd from above. 
“Show us your tits!” 
Missy shook her head and laughed out loud. “Sorry, boys, it ain’t happening.” 
Stretch weaved his way through the crowd to the beer tent, where Bandit, Kim and Mouse sat. Mouse slowly stood, and with her hands on her hips, sneered at her husband. 
“Look what I found, Ma! Can we keep her?” Down on one knee, he offered his hand to help her off of his back. 
“No you can’t keep her. What did I tell you before we left home? No more...” 
Missy took a step back as Mouse shook her head and glared at her. “And you.” She wagged a finger inches from her face. 
“I’m sorry, Mouse. I don’t want any trouble.” 
“Kind of late for that, isn’t it?” 
Words failed her. Her discomfort quickly turned to relief upon noticing the mischievous twinkle in her eyes. 
“You should see your face.” Mouse double over in fit of laughter. 
“Are you for real?” Missy punched her arm, almost sending her back on her ass. “I almost peed my pants.” 
The five of them joined in laughter, which carried on long into the night.



12-Scent of a Killer - Becca and Randy are detectives and friends of the couple who they are committed to keeping safe from Danny aka The Florist.  

Becca put her hand on his back and led him to sit next to her on the sofa. She looked directly into his eyes. “Do you trust me?”

 “Of course I do, but...”

 “No buts. I know you, and I know you’d never forgive yourself if something happened to Jeffery because you inadvertently put him in harm’s way.”

“She’s right,” Jeffery intervened.
“Why don’t the two of you think of it as being bad luck to see the groom before the wedding? Jeffery can stay with me until the day of the wedding,” Randy offered. “And you can stay with Becca.”
Jacob frowned. “I don’t know if I like that idea or not.”
“You know what they say; absence makes the heart grow fonder.” Jeffery sat on the other side of him and cupped his lover’s face in his hands. “Just think how much sweeter our wedding night will be.” He fluttered his eyelashes suggestively and kissed him lightly on the mouth.
“Can I at least take a shower?” He looked down at his dirt covered jeans and turned his soil-stained hands over and back.
“I’ll take that as a yes?” Randy chuckled. “Go have a quick shower and pack a bag. No offense, but pajamas are mandatory.”
Becca laughed. “I can’t believe you just said that.”
Randy shrugged, his cheeks stained crimson. 

13- If you look under the header at the top of this page you will see I've posted excerpts from all of my books there. I hope I've enticed you to want to read at least one of these titles. Happy Reading! 


You will find more Thursday Thirteen participants HERE 


6 comments:

Stephanie Sullivan said...

Congrats on the releases, Adelle! I wish you a ton of sales! Happy Thursday!

http://romanceauthorstephaniesullivan.blogspot.com

Alice Audrey said...

Scent of a Killer is excellent.

I love your cover for She Rides.

Adelle Laudan said...

Thank you Stephanie!

Thanks Alice, I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)

Joe Klein said...

So much to absorb here. You are so prolific!

Hazel Ceej said...

Yay, She Rides sounds fun to me because it mentions 'small town.' I like country love. Very charming.

CountryDew said...

Congratulations on the releases! Nicely done.