Thursday, April 25, 2013

I am Grateful for...



I am Grateful for....
1-My Home  I may not have the best of everything, but I have everything needed to make this apartment a home for my little family.
2-My Health  Yes, I live with a disability or two, but after a recent Cancer scare, I am ever so grateful to be able to live day-to-day with the cards life has dealt to me.
3-Internet/Computer Since I am pretty much home bound , the internet has provided me with the opportunity to stay in touch with the outside world. I am thankful I have the means to afford my computer(s)
4-My Readers I am fortunate to have an amazing readership who take the time to contact me with their thoughts and encouragement. I can’t tell you how much your support means to me.
5-My Children I have four amazing and very different children. Adam (age 29) Daniel (age 27) Richelle (age 19) Laura (17 ¾) Each one has a unique facet to their personality that makes me so proud to be their Mother. I love them more than words can express.
6-My Granddaughter, Alexxis  is such a joy to be around. I wish I saw her more often, but her mother; Jessica brings her here whenever her busy schedule allows. She is going to school to be a nurse and working single mom. I love you for that Jessica.
7-My Diva Dog, ChaChi  I swore I’d never have a little dog, and then came ChaChi. We rescued her from an abusive situation. She’s been with us almost four years now and i can honestly say she is my heart. One day it will be just be the two of us. Thank God I won’t be alone.
8-My Best Friend  I’ve known Susan for almost 35 yrs. At times many miles separated us over the years but we’ve always remained close friends. I consider her my sister. She is the one thing that has remained constant in my life. I love you, Wazzy.
9-Food!  I don’t know what it is, but if my stockpile is getting low I am soooo restless. When my cupboards are full, all is right with the world.
10-My Memories Both of my parents are gone now, but there are things I see or hear that will spark a memory of them and make me smile.  I have a few of my mothers’ sparkly broaches set up by the window so when the sun hits them it casts tiny rainbows all around the room. My mother loved all things sparkly, and I think she’d be tickled pink to know I’ve done this.
11-My Writing  I am blessed to be able to write stories people actually enjoy reading. At least I hope they do *wink
12-I Am Proud to be a Canadian There is no place I’d rather live than in Canada.
13-Thursday Thirteen  I am grateful to have this meme, allowing me a break in the regular routine of writing. I love visiting all of the blogs, such a diverse group of bloggers from all walks of life.

Visit more Thursday Thirteen Participants HERE


12 comments:

Heather said...

Nice list, Adelle! Hope you are finally seeing signs of spring up there. A month in and winter just doesn't want to quite! Life on Mars and Mixed-up Files

Alice Audrey said...

Me, too. Except the dog is a couple of cats and the country is USA for me.

anthonynorth said...

We're in very similar situations in many ways. Great list. there's always plenty to be grateful for.

Shelley Munro said...

It's good to take stock. I have the dog but it's New Zealand for me :)

sandyland said...

outstanding list

CountryDew said...

I love your list. Friends are so important. I am glad you have these outlets. And I really needed this reminder to be thankful this morning ...

Pearl said...

wonderful list. thanks for the perspective. a good focus for looking on the better side today.

Mia Celeste said...

Yep,you've got a great list of blessings. You inspire me to be grateful for my life, too. Thanks.

http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2013/04/inspired-by-remarkable-unusual-and-true.html

Kimberly Menozzi said...

That's a wonderful list, Adelle - I'm grateful that you have so much to be grateful for, too.

(((HUGS)))

Happy TT to you, darlin'!

colleen said...

Cheers to that! You are blessed.

Ron. said...

It's always good to hear (read) someone who counts their blessings instead of their woes and obstacles. Thanks.

The Gal Herself said...

What a lovely list! And an inspiration, too. It's a good reminder to be grateful. Thank you for sharing.