Thursday, January 24, 2013

Life's Lessons


Thirteen Quotes &  Life Lessons

1-                  I didn’t get here from wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it. Estee Lauder
2-                I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I cannot accept not trying. Michael Jordan
3-                I’ve learned that we don’t have to change friends if we understand friends change.
4-               Everyone who achieves success in a great venture solves each problem as they came. They helped themselves and they were helped through powers known and unknown to them at the time they set out on their voyage. They keep going regardless of the obstacles they meet. W Clement Stone
5-                I’ve learned that sometimes when I’m angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn’t give me the right to be cruel.
6-               If you hear a voice within you saying, ‘you are not a painter’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. Vincent Van Gogh
7-                I’ve learned that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades and there better be something else to take its’ place.
8-               Someday everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason. Harriet Morgan
9-               I’ve learned  that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Maya Angelou
10-            If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it. John Irving
11-               :”If you can dream it, you can do it.” Walt Disney
12-             Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you are generally better off sticking with what you know and the third is that sometimes, your best investments are the ones you don’t make. Donald Trump
13-             I’ve learned that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn’t stop for your grief.  


16 comments:

Heather said...

I liked number three. My T13

CountryDew said...

Is that last quote yours? I hope your heart isn't broken.

Great list of quotes. I think I loved them all.

Adelle Laudan said...

Ho CountryDew
My heart is slowly healing. I did learn a hard lesson in knowing that life goes on no matter your circumstances. Thanks for your concern <3

Kimberly Menozzi said...

The John Irving quote is one of my favorites, and it really resonated with me when I started writing "professionally".

As for the final quote: that's one of those lessons we all have to learn at some point. I wish you complete healing - may it come swiftly enough to comfort you, and slowly enough that you see it happening.

((hugs))

anthonynorth said...

Some great quotes there. So true.

Adelle Laudan said...

Thanks Kimberly. I'm embarrassed to say how long the healing process has taken thus far.
Nice to see you here Anthony.

colleen said...

I especially love #3 and #6. And Maya Angelou's words have a lot of wisdom.

Alice Audrey said...

I'll have to bookmark this and come back to re-read next time I'm struggling with something.

Karin said...

Great quotes. I especially like #3.

Shelley Munro said...

Great quotes. I liked #11 and 13. Life does march on and gradually time gives us the proper distance to move on too.

kandyblossom said...

I love those, especially the first one!

Heather {Desperately Seeking} said...

Great list of quotes! Here from Thursday 13!

Kay Oft said...

I have always love #2 ... great collection of quotes.

Stephanie Sullivan said...

These are all wonderful, but I especially love #11 and #13. I hope you have a great weekend, Adelle! *Hugs*

(aka Stephanie Adkins)

Pearl said...

some I've heard. some not. 5 is particularly important for living with grace.

Hazel Ceej said...

Maya Angelou is sooo right. After twenty years I still haven't forgotten that pain of a broken heart. Facebook helps people remember too, lol!