Thursday, May 03, 2012

Slang

Slang:
Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: Speech and writing characterized by the use of vulgar and socially taboo vocabulary and idiomatic expressions.


     1-      Boss – awesome  : ‘I’m awesome’ = ‘I’m boss’
     2-      Swag – style    :  ‘You got mad swag!’
     3-      Base – home   :  ‘Party at my base.’   
     4-      YOLO – You Only Live Once   :  eg. Guy runs into freezing water, yelling.... YOLO!
     5-      Bogie – smoke/cigarette   ‘Hey, you got a spare bogie?”
     6-      Dime – perfect 10 (for girls)  :  ‘Damn, that girls’ a dime!’
     7-      Noob – newbie  : as in, the new kid on the block is a ‘noob’
     8-      Sick – awesome  :  the pretty girl in school is ‘sick’ 
     9-      Fresh – new, clean   ‘man that’s fresh’
    10-    Aight – all right  (like ah-ite) :  She’ll do aight! 
      Three words/terms every parent should be aware of...
      
 11- Skittles – is NOT candy  :  describes a colorful assortment of pills which typically come from home medicine cabinets. If you hear your son/daughter is going to a Skittles party, you might wanna lock them in their room.
 12- Kibbles n Bits – is NOT dog food  :  also known as pineapple is the common drug Ritalin. It’s one of the easiest to obtain drugs for kids. It’s a central nervous system stimulant and can cause heart palpitations, hyperactivity and long-term issues for abusers of this drug.

13- Bath Salts – are NOT for baths  :  bath salts is the latest craze and is easily obtained over the internet. Bath Salts can mimic the effects of cocaine and meth causing increased heart rate, dizziness, panic attacks, nausea, nosebleeds and hallucinations.

Visit more Thursday Thirteen participants HERE

6 comments:

Jennifer Leeland said...

I just recently heard the term Skittles party. The other two I haven't heard. Excellent info.
The word Sick makes me NUTS!!! I had a high school girl say that word at my house about a million times until I wanted to pinch her neck off. LOL!

Paige Tyler said...

LOL! Fun TT! Love number ten!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Alice Audrey said...

Those last three just made the hair on my head all stand on end. My son has used all three terms, and I had no idea it wasn't innocent.

Heather said...

Now I see why you told Shelley you had a similar post. Some of these I knew, some I didn't. Incense seems to be yet another seemingly innocuous item you have to watch out for these days. My post

Shelley Munro said...

Isn't it weird how language evolves. I hadn't heard of the last three.

Hazel said...

Will watch out for the final 3; a mom's gotta update her dictionary of modern slang. Wait a minute, sick is awesome?....