Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Photobucket

1- Photobucket

Gunther IV (German Shepherd) : $372 million

German countess Karlotta Liebenstain left her furry friend Gunther III an inheritance of $124 million after she died in 1992. Followiing Gunther III’s death, his son, Gunther IV, inherited his father’s forune, which has grown to a whopping $372 million.

2- Photobucket

Kalu (Chimpanzee) : $80 million

Kalu is a chimpanzee who was rescued in 1985 by Patricia O’Neill, wife of former Olympic swimming star Frank O’Neill. In 2000, O’Neill changed her will so that Kalu would inherit her estate near Cape Town, which is estimated at $80 million.

3- Photobucket

Toby Rimes (Poodle) : $92 million

Toby is the descendant of a poodle that inherited $30 million in 1931 after the death of his New York owner, Ella Wendel. The latest in a succession of pampered pooch heirs, Toby has a fortune now worth $92 million.

4- Photobucket

Gigoo (Hen) : $10 million

Gigoo’s owner, publishing mogul Miles Blackwell, left his feathered friend $10 million in 2000, following the death of his wife Briony the year before.

5- Photobucket

Moose, aka Eddie from Frasier (Jack Russell Terrier) : $3.2 million

Moose, the celebrity Jack Russell Terrier most famous for his role as Eddie on the television sitcom Frasier earned around $10,000 per episode, for the net worth of approximately $3.2 million. Apparently, Moose received more fan mail than any of his human counterparts. Moose passed on in June of 2006.

6- Photobucket

Flossie (Labrador) : $3 million

Actress Drew Barrymore rescued her Yellow Labrador Flossie at a flea market. As if returning the favour, Flossie saved Barrymore and her then-husband Tom Green from a fire in the couple’s home. As a reward for Flossie’s bravery, the dog is now the proud owner of a $3 million estate in Beverly Hills, which she shares with Drew.

7- Photobucket

Trouble Helmsley (Maltese) : $2 million

Dubbed the “Queen of Mean,” Leona Helmsley, who passed away in 2007, was the wife of New York City hotel operator and investor Harry Helmsley. Leona disinherited her two grandchildren and left a $12 million trust fund for her pet Maltese, “Trouble.”

8- Photobucket

Bubbles (Chimpanzee) : $2 million

Michael Jackson’s former beloved pet chimpanzee Bubbles, whom the King of Pop called his first son, was left a $2 million inheritance to “secure a long-term future.” As close as two friends could be, Bubbles apparently slept in Jackson’s bedroom in a crib, ate at the dining room table, and would use Jackson’s own toilet.

9- Photobucket

Hellcat and Brownie (Cats) : $4.1 million

Dr. William Grier left his cats Brownie and Hellcat $415,000 each after he died. Another of Dr. Grier’s cats, Charlie, received $250,000. Brownie and Hellcat have since passed away, although their fortunes have grown to a value of $4.1 million.

10- Photobucket

Tinker (Cat) : $1 million

Tinker’s life has certainly been the cat’s meow. In true rags-to-riches form, Tinker was a stray black tomcat that would regularly visit an old widow named Margaret Layne. For his loyalty, the 89-year-old, who passed away in 2003, named neighbours Eugene and Ann Wheatley to manage a $226,000 trust fund on Tinker’s behalf. Under the terms of her will, Tinker owns Layne’s three-bedroom house in Harrow, Middlesex, worth almost $800,000. However, in the case that 1) the kitty cat goes roaming and never returns 2) the kitty dies or 3) 21 years pass, the house and money go to the trustees: Ann and Eugene.

11- Photobucket

Oprah’s dogs & cats : $30 million

Oprah Winfrey has several animals, including some dogs. She wants to make sure that her dogs are cared for when she’s gone. Her will specifies that her dogs receive $30 million for their care.

12- Photobucket

Beryl Reid’s Cats : $1.8 million

Beryl Reid was an actress. She had a lovely $1.8 million cottage. She was also famous for her love of cats. So, when she died, her cats Hamish, Boon, Eileen, Coco and Tuffnel inherited. A friend was commissioned to look after them as they lived in their house.

13- PhotobucketPhotobucket

Pet Rock : Approx. $15 million

The pet rock sold for $3.95 and estimates state Dahl sold over 5 million of his pet rocks in a six month period. Even more, each pet rock was purchased for a few pennies and Dahl estimated that the packaging and accompanying manual cost him under 30 cents per rock in bulk to produce. Therefore, assuming incidentals and delivery cost Dahl another 65 cents per rock, then Dahl was profiting 3 dollars per rock. With these totals Dahl earned over 15 million dollars during a six month period in 1975 which would be estimated at $56,166,419.02 today.

21 comments:

Brenda ND said...

Hmm. Interesting. You've got me thinking. I'm a pet lover, but I wonder if I'd will money to my animals. I guess I just assumed they'd go first. Happy TT!

colleen said...

That is over the top when I think about all money like that could do to help the poor and more.

Heather said...

I honestly don't understand people who leave millions of dollars to pets. I mean, seeing that they are cared for after you are gone is one thing, but millions??

Alice Audrey said...

I'd never will a lot of money to a pet, but I might include one in my will.

anthonynorth said...

I hope the wealth doesn't spoil them :-)
That was fun.

jillconyers said...

Really?!? I love animals but I'm not a pet person so this is a bit out there for me.

Americanising Desi said...

i wud love to have a pet one day! just one day!

Reel Wisdom

CountryDew said...

Far out! That's a lot of money for animals. Enough to fund small nations.

I liked the pet rock the best!

Elise Logan said...

That's so interesting. I don't know how I'd deal with the pet issue. Not that I have millions to leave my beasties. lol

Betty said...

Well, I'd be happy to be a celebrity's pet if they'd leave their millions to me. LOL!

Ok, not really, but do I envy those pets!

Paige Tyler said...

They're all so adorable!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at
http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Darla M Sands said...

How interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Inez Kelley said...

Great, there are dogs ad cats worth more than me. *sigh*

Kimberly Menozzi said...

Simply bizarre. LOL!

Still, I'd love to be in charge of caring for such pampered pets! :)

Ella Drake said...

I've never understood that kind of money being left to a pet. I can understand leaving enough for a well-loved pet being left enough to live in comfort, but millions?!?!!?

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Look at how some of those fortunes multiply. If I can't have their money, can I have their financial planners? Those are some savvy folk...

Sasha Devlin said...

WOW! I never knew a pet could inherit. I don't know how I feel about it.

brandt! said...

wow .. i don't think my pets will ever have that much luck!

Jennifer Leeland said...

*shakes head* What in the world do they do with it? Makes you wonder if who's ripping them off. LOL!

Janice said...

I remember that pet rocks! Oh shoot, I just dated myself, lol.

A friend of mine (back then) wanted to buy one of those silly pet rocks, and I looked around then found a rock. "Here," I said handing it to them, "a pet rock. I just saved you over three dollars."

I was told,"But its not the same thing."

Happy TT.
Janice~

bdbetty said...

Unreal! Some people treat their pets better than their kids - but then again the pets probably deserve the care more! LMAO!